By: Zandria Johnson
Thank you for your interest in hosting a Donation Drive! Below are a few steps to ensure a successful Donation Drive.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org With The Subject “Donation Drive” To Receive The PDF Packet
- To help you advertise and best represent CodeToHope and the cause we’re supporting, we have some standard text that we use to describe our organization and donation drives as well as marketing materials (logo, wristbands, table cloth, pamphlets)
- Included in this packet are two signs – one that says “CodeToHope Donation Bin – donate electronics here” and another with some information about what CodeToHope is and what donations we accept.
- Know The ‘Why’
- As you talk to potential supporters, tell them about what CodeToHope is and what the cause means to you. If they have questions you can’t answer or want to learn more, refer them to our website at codetohope.org!
- Pick A Location
- Donation drives can be run anywhere: at work, at your kids’ school, at your partner’s work, or amongst your friends and family! The more devices we receive, the more students we can help!
- Determine The Duration Of Your Drive
- Will you collect devices for a week with a donation bin? Will you host a one-day tabling event? It can be however you wish.
- Specify What You Are Collecting
- We accept old desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices. Even if they are old, your donation will help students learn computer literacy skills!
- Keep In Contact With The CodeToHope Team Member To Set Up A Pick Up/Drop Off Date If You Are Near the NJ or PA Area, Or To Coordinate Shipping.
- Keep a log of donors to send thank you notes to them after.
- If donors don’t have any devices, let them know that they can still donate online.
- Have fun and don’t be afraid to involve others!